Preparing for Installation
Installation Process and Customer Responsibilities
Our standard installation procedure is to install a fence 6”-12” off the property line. We can do whatever the customer requests inside the property line.
Fence installation usually takes one day or less depending on the size and complexity of the job.
Amerifence offers the following options:
- Remove the dirt from the property.
- Relocate the dirt to another location on the property.
- Leave the dirt by the posts.
These options will be discussed with your fence consultant during the estimate and made part of the contract conditions.
Amerifence will call for all “public” utility locates (cable, phone, gas, electric, water, sewer, and the like). The homeowner is responsible for locating all “private” utilities (sump line, sprinkler lines, invisible fence lines, private electric, private gas, and so on).
The homeowner should review the contract and make sure the “Customer Responsibilities” have been completed.
- Most important is to have all “private” utilities marked.
- Clear the fence line of obstacles like firewood, decorative items attached to the fence, and the like.
- Detach and protect climbing vines/lattice, and so on.
- Secure any animals on the property for the safety of our workers and the animals.
Yes. The weather conditions will ultimately determine if a fence can be installed during the winter months
Yes, the homeowner must be present for the initial 30-45 minutes of installation. This allows the homeowner to walk the property with the crew chief and address any problems/questions that may arise from the underground utility locates, boundary survey, and fence location. Our goal is to always dig the holes and install the fence in the right spot the first time.